What is Myofascial Release Therapy
- Myofascial Release is an effective hands-on technique that reduces or eliminates myo-fascial restrictions, thereby eliminating pain and restoring motion.
- Pain begins with restriction of the fascial system, which is the body’s connective tissue.
- Fascia becomes restricted from any number of causes, such as injury, surgery, chronic holding, trauma, stress, repetitious activities, poor posture and improper workspace ergonomics.
- Results from Myofascial Release treatments are immediate and cumulative. As the fascia begins to release, blood and lymph flow more freely to the tissues. This in turn reduces inflammation and paves the way for healing.
- See this Youtube Video Clip from "Strolling under the Skin" by Dr. Jean Claude Guimberteau, to see the fascial system live!
- Those in chronic or severe acute pain are recommended to consider Intensive Treatments which will produce profound results in a shorter time period.
How does Myofascial Release differ from other therapies?
What are the benefits?
What is fascia and what causes it to restrict?